Green Is Our Long-term Goal
At Zemi Beach House Hotel & Spa, we’re committed to adhering to the best practices in environmental sustainability. By using smart technology and eco-friendly practices, we are equipped with the best energy management systems to run as efficiently as possible. In addition, we’re committed to being a good neighbor by creating jobs for Anguillans, including 250 construction jobs and 175 resort operation jobs.
Our initiatives include:
- Construction plans that remain environmentally conscious, minimize resources and avoid heavy emissions and excess waste.
- Natural materials and sustainable hardwoods throughout the resort.
- Residences insulated to maximize energy efficiency and minimize noise.
- Air conditioning built on a smart tech system, which can adjust the room temperature when it senses a door or window has been left open
- Motion and heat sensors to reduce ventilation settings when rooms are empty
- Energy efficient solar heat systems, working in harmony with a/c through heat exchanges to efficiently heat water
- Windows and doors made of solid woods
- Roofs designed to collect rainwater, which is reused to irrigate the landscape
- Solar landscape lighting for softer amber glow
Our conservation efforts include:
- The preservation of native plants.
- Excavated rocks and soil reused onsite for landfill and landscaping.
- Untouched coastal areas.
- Propane torches near the beach to avoid impacting nesting sea turtles.
- Materials, resources and produce bought locally.
- Local fish and seafood served in restaurants.
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables ripened naturally in the sun.