Our Commitment to Anguilla
The developers of Zemi Beach House follow best practices to respect both the environment and the people of Anguilla.
Safety & Sustainability
- Environmentally conscious construction minimizes consumption of resources and avoids heavy emissions and excess waste.
- Residences are insulated to maximize energy efficiency and minimize noise.
- Air conditioning employs a smart tech system that enables it to sense when a door or window is open and adjust room temperatures accordingly.
- Motion and heat sensors reduce ventilation settings when rooms are empty.
- Each residence has an energy-efficient solar heat system, which works in harmony with the air conditioning through heat exchangers to efficiently heat water.
- Windows and doors contain hurricane protection shutters.
- Roofs are designed to collect rainwater, which is re-used to irrigate the landscape.
Conservation & Local Community
- Native plants have been preserved on site.
- All rocks and soil excavated on site have been re-used around the project for landfill and landscaping purposes.
- Zemi Beach House has created 250 jobs for local workers during construction, and will provide 175 jobs during resort operation.
- Amber lighting used throughout the resort to avoid disturbing nesting sea turtles.
- Materials, resources and produce are bought locally whenever possible.